Smorgasbord Tuesday

Since I'm new to blogging, I've been looking at other people's blogs to see how to effectively do this thing. It seems a popular thing to do with blogging is to have a Theme Day. It gives the readers something to look forward to and gives the bloggers something to blog about. So I've decided to start a theme day called: Smorgasbord Tuesday.

As I've looked through my posts I have seen a food theme emerging. I had Everlasting Gobstopper, Cream-filled Doughnut and How do you Taste. As you can tell I enjoy food and I like God's Word, so I guess I also like putting the two together hence the emergence of Smorgasbord Tuesday.

Smorgasbord Tuesday will simply be "delicious Scripture" passages for you to meditate on during the week. I will probably add a few comments, etc. I do recommend if you enjoy the Scripture that you write it down on a 3x5 index card and post it somewhere for you to look at later.

Finally, you are always invited to "feast" with me. Food is always more enjoyable when shared with others. So there is an "open invitation" on Tuesday's for you to add your two cents to the Scripture shared or if you have a Scripture burning on your heart to post it, too. So thanks for joining and enjoy!

Isaiah 59:16-20 (a combo of NCV &NKJV)
And He saw that there was no man,
and wondered that there was no intercessor;
therefore His arm brought salvation unto Him,
and His righteousness, it sustained Him.
for He put on righteousness as a breastplate,
and a helmet of salvation upon His head;
and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing,
and wrapped himself in the coat of his strong love.
According to their deeds, accordingly He will repay,
fury to His adversaries, recompense to His enemies;
to the islands He will repay recompense.
So shall they fear the name of the LORD
from the west and His glory from the rising of the sun.
When the enemy shall come in like a flood,
the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.

I love the book of Isaiah, because you see Jesus so clearly portrayed 300 years before He was even born on earth. The Jesus who is described here is the same yesterday, today and forever! Our Saviour is our Intercessor and he intercedes for us daily (Hebrews 7:25 Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them).

And guess what, do you remember Ephesians 6 (discussed in Put Your Clothes On), don't these clothes Jesus dresses himself in sound familiar? Jesus offers to dress us in the same clothes that He wears when He goes out to battle!

One of my favorite parts from this Scripture is that "he wrapped himself in the coat of his strong love." Wow, what a beautiful picture. Our Redeemer is coming cloaked in love and not just any love but his STRONG love and He is wrapped up in it ~it is not going anywhere!

He will be paying back our enemies!

My last favorite part is "When the enemy comes in like a flood the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against Him!" I don't know about you but sometimes I do feel like the enemy comes in like a flood. I am going to rest (or hide) behind the standard the Lord lifts up against him.

Back to Eph 6 it says after we've done everything we are to just stand. I believe we are in a battle but I also believe we have the ultimate Warrior fighting for us and sometimes He asks us just to stand firm wrapped up in His clothes while He steps out and fights on our behalf.

If you find yourself in a battle against the enemy this week hide yourself this week in the Man described in this Scripture and allow Him and His strong love to take vengeance against your enemies.

Enjoy, I'm full!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Prayer

Disqus for For His Glory Alone

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...