Breaking the Cycle with TRUTH

I decided to do a little word search on the word "truth" in the Bible. I decided to see how many times it was used. Thanks to Bible Gateway this was a very easy thing to do! In the whole Bible, the word truth is used 228 times. Of those 228 times 104 times it is used in the Gospels. Most of the time it is used by Jesus.

So what, you may ask? Well what started my curiosity was John 8:32 "You will know the truth and the truth will set you free." Jesus is all about speaking the truth and He states that truth is really that powerful ~ that it can set you free.

I then stumbled upon John 16:13 "But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come."

Who is the Spirit of truth = the Holy Spirit and He desires to guide you into all truth!

I've had some major "breakthroughs" in my personal life over the last month. I really attribute it to revelation by the Spirit of truth. Have you ever been caught in a cycle? It seems like you work through something but then a month later the same issue rises up again then you bury it, but it rears its ugly head again a month later and on and on and on....

How do we break these cycles? I really believe it all comes down to finding the Truth. If you are stuck in a never ending cycle then you need to get to the root of the problem ~ the truth of what is causing it. Often the issues we acknowledge and the emotions that surface are the junk we spend our time swimming in. We are not noticing the source which is way down deep. The only way to find the source is to invite the Spirit of truth to guide you into all truth.

For me, it was simply inviting the truth to be revealed. I acknowledged that what I was "understanding and seeing" was not the truth and that there was more to it. I then prayed that it would be revealed. Next I waited and watched (a good thing to do when you make a request). The next time I was approached with the situation, I invited the Holy Spirit to help me not react in my self-defensive ways and to help me to listen and hear the truth. It took a couple of different times of me doing it and it didn't happen as "beautifully" as it sounds in a blog post but when the root was revealed it was an "Ah, ha moment" and it made all the difference in the world. It was like the blinders were lifted off and now I can see. When you understand the TRUTH than you can attack problems at the real source.

So beloved ~ you have within you the Spirit of truth who will guide you into ALL truth. Give Him the chance to guide you, invite Him and then listen!

1 comment:

  1. It's so true...I have to live in the "truth" every day, if I don't, things creep in and I have to re-truth them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Daily Prayer

Disqus for For His Glory Alone

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...