Cream Filled Doughnut



This morning I read Psalm 16. It was filled with so much good stuff I couldn't help but share it with you. Enjoy, it reminds me of a cream filled doughnut except it not only tastes good but it is good for you too!

Psalm 16

Keep me safe, O God, for in you I take refuge. I said to the LORD, "You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing." As for the saints who are in the land, they are the glorious ones in whom is all my delight. The sorrows of those will increase who run after other gods. I will not pour out their libations of blood or take up their names on my lips.


LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.


I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay.


You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.




These verses speak to me about the beauty of being with the Lord. You, Oh Lord, I take refuge in. Whether you are in a good place in your life right now or not the only safe place to be is in the hands of the Lord ~ He is our strong tower and portion forever!

Apart from you, Oh Lord I have no good thing. Look around your life today, what are the good things that you see? Praise the Lord for those good things!

We are the "saints," do you see how we are viewed? "As the glorious ones" and "in whom is all my delight!" Live everyday as a glorious son or daughter of God and know that you are delighted in by God and by others.

Walk today in the portion that the Lord has assigned for you. He has made those lines secure.

We do have a delightful inheritance awaiting us!

The Lord is our Counselor ~ He has given us the Holy Spirit to speak to us and instruct us through everyday. Cling to Him. The Lord is always before me and He is at my right hand (He also hems us in from behind)! I woke up this morning and the word I described for how I was feeling was "shaken." After I read these verses I realized where I wasn't resting. Invite the Lord to have His full place in you which is before you, beside you and behind you. His Word promises us that when we are in that place we will not be shaken.

Thank you Lord for making known to us the path of life ~ I invite the fullness of joy that only exists in your presence to fill me today and to have your eternal pleasures in my life. I love you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Prayer

Disqus for For His Glory Alone

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...