Amazing Creator

I now know I’ve crossed the line to getting “older.” Yesterday, I watched the following video clip of Pranav Mistry telling about his sixthsense Technology (The clip is 13 minutes long, but it has some pretty neat stuff which makes it worth watching). As I watched the video clip I felt like technology was definitely advancing much faster than I am. I remember first hearing about the internet in middle school and not even understanding the concept. Now of course, I know how to use it, but the future ideas of how technology is advancing seems amazing and it is well beyond my understanding.

As I watched the video I was amazed by the intelligence of Pranav and his ability to come up with these ideas. But as I reflect on the intelligence of one individual person, it causes me to reflect even more on the intelligence of the One. The Bible says in Genesis 1:1

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.


The meaning of this word Create means

to cause to come into being, as something
unique that would not naturally evolve
or that is not made by ordinary processes.
to make out of nothing (dictionary.com).

Have you ever noticed that man has never “created” something? He has never made something out of absolutely nothing. Rather man has discovered ways to use the information that has been hidden in this world since the beginning of time. Last spring I was riding in an airplane and I was amazed as I looked down at the ground. Here we were traveling across the United States from Florida to Wisconsin and the plane would arrive at its correct destination without any roads or signs pointing the way. Yes, the plane was using scientific instruments invented by men to help them navigate, but the instruments were responding to magnetic fields that were already part of the earth. In the beginning God created a road map in the earth's magnetic fields; that just amazes me. Men has invented technology but God was the One who originally embedded those abilities into the fabric of earth for man to discover.

Colossians 1:15-17 says,

He (Jesus) is the image of the invisible God,
the firstborn over all creation.
For by him all things were created:
things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible,
whether thrones or powers or
rulers or authorities;
all things were created by him and for him.
He is before all things,
and in him all things hold together.

Do you realize what a great and powerful God we worship? There remain millions of things yet to be discovered by man, which God embedded into the fabric of the earth when He created it. As time goes on man and technology will continue to amaze us as different men discover other ways to harness the amazing things God hid within the earth from the beginning. Let these discoveries continue to draw you in worship towards the amazing Creator of the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Prayer

Disqus for For His Glory Alone

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...