The Older You Get


"They" say, the older you get the less you know. I guess I'm officially getting old because I now believe and understand that statement.

We all have our nice little boxes that explain how life works and should function. Then life throws us scenarios that don't fit into one of our boxes. Now what? Do we throw away our old boxes or do we create a new box to put that scenario in?


I Peter 2:6
See, I lay a stone in Zion,
a chosen and precious cornerstone,
and the one who trusts in him
will never be put to shame.

Currently, I am trying to get rid of all boxes and make sure that I am firmly landed upon the cornerstone, Jesus. This is the only place on which to build, the only unshakeable foundation and God's Word says, if I trust in Him I will never be put to shame.

Does every Scripture I read make sense to me? No. Do I think I understand Scripture and how it applies to life? Yes, and then circumstances come and shakes up that whole understanding. And then I'm left again saying, what am I trusting; am I trusting myself and my interpretations or am I trusting in God?

If you are looking for me in the philosophy of the mind (which translates into the philosophy of the living out life) I will be the one standing, sometimes waving my hands jumping and sometimes flat on my face on the cornerstone shaped like a cross. It's big enough for all of us, so leave your boxes and come on over.

If you like this you might also like:

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I must be "Older" too.
    Sometimes it is hard to tell that I'm not standing on the rock, but on my interpretations. Sometimes it is hard to let go of those old ideas because they have been friends for so long.
    Good thoughts Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jaime! Thanks for coming by my blog!

    I agree completely with your words. We can't allow our tiny little human minds to become the framework for who God is. He is so much bigger - so much more mysterious - than we can fathom, and we are shortchanged if we think for one minute that we have Him figured out.

    Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Daily Prayer

Disqus for For His Glory Alone

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...