Smorgasbord Tuesday: Refreshing Lemonade

Made Lemonade by Cote

I know I said my Smorgasbord Tuesdays were going to sit in Ephesians 4 for a few weeks (I plan on coming back to it) but this is what I needed to hear today so I decided to share this instead:

Have you ever been working hard on a hot, hot day outside? All you want after all that work is something cool and refreshing to drink. Sometimes life just gets hard. In those moments it is time to just get back to the word of God and hear what He has to say to refresh us:

Isaiah 26:12
LORD, you establish peace for us;
all that we have accomplished you have done for us.


Are you looking for peace in your life? Are you trying to accomplish something? Isn't this pretty significant ~ all that we have accomplished you have done for us. It doesn't do much good to proceed without Him then, does it?


Isaiah 26:3-4
You will keep in perfect peace
him whose mind is steadfast,
because he trusts in you.
Trust in the LORD forever,
for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal.



Perfect peace? Steadfast mind? Trust in Him, the LORD, the LORD, the LORD.

Some may trust in horses, some may trust in chariots but we trust in the name of the LORD.


Isaiah 26:9 My soul yearns for you in the night;
in the morning my spirit longs for you.

Let us choose to put our trust in Him and Him alone this week. His promise back to us is that He will establish peace in our lives.





You might also enjoy reading:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Prayer

Disqus for For His Glory Alone

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...