13 Thoughts for 2013: Part 1 God's Heart


Romans 9:25-26
Hosea put it well:
I’ll call nobodies and make them somebodies;
I’ll call the unloved and make them beloved.
In the place where they yelled out, “You’re nobody!”
they’re calling you “God’s living children.”



2012 was a year of reorientation for me.  I was in "ministry" on many different fronts but instead of thinking the initiation of ministry "came from me" or that my ministry was somehow me "doing something for God" I asked to see the Father's Heart and with the tiny glimpses that I saw I was blown away.

You see, as I began to see the heart of the Father I saw that He was a God of life, a God of freedom, a God of restoration, a God of salvation.  He is about making things right.  My life here on earth is simply grounded in the goodness of who God is, His character.  The establishment of His Kingdom here on earth is simply letting more and more people taste who He is and experience the depths of His love.  

These thoughts brought a shifting of my "ministry" perspective and it brought a humbleness to my heart.  I used to enter ministry with "a mission."  I could no longer do this.  People weren't "things" to be changed by me nor were they objects that could be used to prove "my devotion to God. " Instead, they became individuals deeply loved by God.  As I heard, story after story of disappointment, brokenness, a tearing apart of the value of people's humanity my heart began to beat a little faster.  Instead of crying, "Why, Lord?" I began to be excited because I saw Him moving in to bring an end to this pain and sorrow, to bring justice, healing and restoration.  I saw His desire to start with them to create a new generation of His people.  The Great Physician was on the move and all I had to do was love.

___________

The Heart of the Father
is to change
nobodies to somebodies
the unloved to Beloved
"You're Nobody" to 
"You are Children of God"
Uniting,
Healing,
Redeeming,
Life-giving.

This is God's kingdom advancing on earth.  It is the life-giving truth we His body carry to everyone we meet: whether in our homes, on the street, at work or across the nations.

In Christ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Prayer

Disqus for For His Glory Alone

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...