Free fall - Caught!

A couple of months ago, I announced that I took a step to self-publish my first book.  To be honest, I had no idea what I was doing and it was kind of a blind leap!  It truly felt like a free-fall and I had no idea what would accompany my fall.

As usual, the Lord has been orchestrating my fall all along the way.  First of all, a parachute opened in the form of Cherie Hill.  I had sent my book to her requesting a review.  I had read samples of her other reviews, so I knew that she tells it like it is: the good, the bad and the ugly.  She was gracious enough to e-mail back her honest thoughts.  They included a need for a new cover and for a professional edit to take place.  So I followed her advice, pulled my book off for a month and gave it a makeover.  

Drum roll please:


I then forwarded my book to my mother for an edit.  She too was gracious and ended up paying for it to be professionally edited alongside her own laborious efforts.  To be honest, sending my book for the editing process was the "scariest" part of this whole thing for me.  But when I got my book back, I was amazed!  Here was my book, written with the clarity that exists in my mind.  It ended up being one of my favorite parts of this whole process (now if only someone would want to professionally edit each of my posts:)!

A third thing, that happened since last time is that my book is now available in PRINT form too!!!


If you were kind enough to download my book before all of these beautiful changes don't fret!  You can update your Kindle version without an additional charge.  You need to go to "Manage my Kindle" page on Amazon.  There should be a note that says "Update available."  Simply click on that and it should upload the new version to your Kindle.

So thank you for falling with me.  It's been slightly scary, but now I am extremely pleased with the final results of my book.  Thank you to Cherie, my Mom, my editor and as always my readers!

I am still falling - slowly though, awaiting several reviews from bloggers who don't know me personally:)!  So we shall see....

But in the meantime here are some comments and reviews I've received already:

  • From someone who doesn't have a mother-in-law who is alive: "Wow, this book is helpful for me in understanding my husband and his relationship with his brother."
  • "It is full of insight, that I need to stop, pause and chew on it for awhile."
  • Such an encouragement for any woman to read especially if you are married or plan on getting married!!
  • This book is a blessing in so many ways! Wonderfully written and backed up by scripture. I treasure it and I will read it many times over. Huge thank you to the author! She has made me think of things in a way I never had before and in a way that I won't soon forget!
If you've read my book and enjoyed it, please consider posting a review to Amazon!  I would greatly appreciate it.  Also, if you have a blog and you are interested in doing a review of my book, let me know.

Thank you for falling with me.

In Christ,

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! One of my favorite books is Ruth! There is so much beauty and insight in this little book! I will have to check out your book! Blessings on your writing endeavors, my writing friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you Jaime, God has blessed you with great wisdom, thank you for the courage to share a piece of that with the world!! 

    ReplyDelete

Daily Prayer

Disqus for For His Glory Alone

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...