Prayers for you

I don't write as often as I would like.  One of the reasons is probably because I handicap myself with the desire to always want to write something that is meaningful, impactful, worth your time and something that will be a blessing to your soul...

So as I thought about what I wanted to write today, I thought about all the people who I know take time to read this blog and I was blown away by the various situations people are in:
  • young adults
  • older adults
  • expecting moms
  • mothers of young ones
  • mothers of many
  • homeschooling moms
  • public school moms
  • empty-nesters
  • people waiting to find out the conditions of their health
  • people tired, exhausted in their faith
  • people confident of who God is and where He is in their lives
  •  a few men:)!
  • College students
  • People at the end of their rope, treading for survival
  • people in strong marriages
  • individuals struggling to love their spouse
As I thought through this list, I was once again amazed at the power of Scripture.  No matter who you are in this list or where you are in this list

God sees, God knows, God cares

and He desires to minister to you heart.

So as I read through my daily prayers this week, the specific faces and people behind this list came to my mind, and I wanted to share the prayers that I had for you.

If then there is any encouragement in Christ, any consolation from love, any sharing in the Spirit, any compassion and sympathy, make my joy complete: be of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. (Philippians 2:1).  My prayer for you is that you would be encouraged in Christ, that His love would console you and that you would share in the life of His Spirit as you walk through your daily life.
Psalm 145:4-21
One generation commends your works to another;
they tell of your mighty acts.
5 They speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty—
and I will meditate on your wonderful works.
6 They tell of the power of your awesome works—
and I will proclaim your great deeds.
7 They celebrate your abundant goodness
and joyfully sing of your righteousness.
8 The Lord is gracious and compassionate,
slow to anger and rich in love.
9 The Lord is good to all;
he has compassion on all he has made.
10 All your works praise you, Lord;
your faithful people extol you.
11 They tell of the glory of your kingdom
and speak of your might,
12 so that all people may know of your mighty acts
and the glorious splendor of your kingdom.
13 Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
and your dominion endures through all generations.

The Lord is trustworthy in all he promises
and faithful in all he does.
14 The Lord upholds all who fall
and lifts up all who are bowed down.
15 The eyes of all look to you,
and you give them their food at the proper time.
16 You open your hand
and satisfy the desires of every living thing.

17 The Lord is righteous in all his ways
and faithful in all he does.
18 The Lord is near to all who call on him,
to all who call on him in truth.
19 He fulfills the desires of those who fear him;
he hears their cry and saves them.
20 The Lord watches over all who love him,
but all the wicked he will destroy.
21 My mouth will speak in praise of the Lord.
Let every creature praise his holy name
for ever and ever.

Psalm 139:1-18
O Lord, you have searched me out and known me;
you know my sitting down and my rising up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
2 You mark out my journeys and my resting place
and are acquainted with all my ways.

3 For there is not a word on my tongue,
but you, O Lord, know it altogether.
4 You encompass me behind and before
and lay your hand upon me.
5 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
so high that I cannot attain it.

6 Where can I go then from your spirit?
Or where can I flee from your presence?
7 If I climb up to heaven, you are there;
if I make the grave my bed, you are there also.
8 If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost part of the sea,

9 Even there your hand shall lead me,
your right hand hold me fast.

10 If I say, ‘Surely the darkness will cover me
and the light around me turn to night,’
11 Even darkness is no darkness with you;
the night is as clear as the day;
darkness and light to you are both alike.

12 For you yourself created my inmost parts;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

13 I thank you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
marvellous are your works, my soul knows well.
14 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was made in secret
and woven in the depths of the earth.
15 Your eyes beheld my form, as yet unfinished;
already in your book were all my members written,

16 As day by day they were fashioned
when as yet there was none of them.
17 How deep are your counsels to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!
18 If I count them, they are more in number than the sand,
and at the end, I am still in your presence.

Amen



This is how He feels about you, Beloved.  He knows, He see and He cares.  As I stated in the beginning, your circumstances may be completely different then your neighbors, but it matters not to the Lord.  He is our foundation, where we begin but it doesn't end there - He hems us in behind and before, and He leads us with His right hand.... and even in the end - you are still in His presence.


In Christ,

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Prayer

Disqus for For His Glory Alone

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...