A Story to Embody: Ordinary Time

We have now entered into the season called Ordinary Time.  It is the season sandwiched between the bigger events that we've focused on Easter, Pentecost and Christmas.  I think it is a beautiful reminder of the fact that God's invitation to us is that He wants to walk with us in the dailiness of our lives.  We have the opportunity in this season to reflect on experiencing the reality of His love, grace and presence in every nook and cranny of our lives.

I am getting the Scriptures for this season from Holy Trinity Anglican Church's Sunday schedule.  Usually by Monday, a sermon is available on this website that incorporates the readings shared here.

Isaiah 11:1-5
A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; 
    from his roots a Branch will bear fruit. 
2 The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him—
    the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding,
    the Spirit of counsel and of might, 
    the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the Lord—
3 and he will delight in the fear of the Lord.
He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes, 
    or decide by what he hears with his ears; 
4 but with righteousness he will judge the needy, 
    with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth.
He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth; 
    with the breath of his lips he will slay the wicked. 
5 Righteousness will be his belt 
    and faithfulness the sash around his waist.

Psalm 130

Out of the depths I cry to you, Lord;
2     Lord, hear my voice. 
Let your ears be attentive 
    to my cry for mercy.
3 If you, Lord, kept a record of sins,
    Lord, who could stand? 
4 But with you there is forgiveness, 
    so that we can, with reverence, serve you.
5 I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, 
    and in his word I put my hope.
6 I wait for the Lord
    more than watchmen wait for the morning,
    more than watchmen wait for the morning.
7 Israel, put your hope in the Lord,
    for with the Lord is unfailing love 
    and with him is full redemption. 
8 He himself will redeem Israel
    from all their sins.


Ephesians 1:15-17
For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people, 16 I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. 17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit[a] of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.


Luke 24:36-49
36 While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.”

37 They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. 38 He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? 39 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.”

40 When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet. 41 And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, “Do you have anything here to eat?” 42 They gave him a piece of broiled fish, 43 and he took it and ate it in their presence.

44 He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”



In Christ,
Jaime

Slight change in contest: Remember that you can still win a $25 Gift Card to Target for buying my book and another entry for leaving a review.  Instead of sending me your receipt I changed it to sending me the name of the first person I acknowledge in the "Acknowledgments" section.  I figured that might be easier for people to find, then finding their receipts:).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Prayer

Disqus for For His Glory Alone

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...