As I thought about this further (4 hours in the car, so I had lots of time to think:) I thought of how we experience this amazing invention and fully believe, know and use this unit without question. Yet we have a hard time believing the Creator of the universe can actually care about every single human being on earth and that He is able to be involved in every individual's life giving them direction in their every day decisions. Often we believe He is either too big, too busy or He doesn't care about me. He probably cares about nations but He doesn't care about individuals. One of the reasons we believe it can't be true is because we can't comprehend how He could do it. Yet we have no problem taking a GPS unit (a man-made item) up on its offer to give us direction, even though I don't think any of us reading this blog could actually create or even explain in depth how a GPS unit technically works. My point, the Creator of the universe has declared that He cares about YOU and He has declared that He is willing and able to give you direction in your life. Do you take Him up on His offer? Do you really truly believe it and seek after it? Or do you let your inability to comprehend how He could care about you trump over His declarations that He does care for you?
Or perhaps you don't realize He has offered to guide and direct you. Here are some verses that show His offer:
- Psalm 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you.
- Isaiah 30:20-21 Your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it.
- Exodus 15:13 In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed.
- John 16:13-14 When he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you.
- Isaiah 58:11 The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.
- Psalm 25:8-9 Good and upright is the LORD; therefore he instructs sinners in his ways. He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.
PS Remember my post on John Eldredge's marriage book Love and War? My friend Amber is giving away a copy of it at her blog Journey of Grace. Check out the details for a chance to win!